It is currently Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:19 pm

BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working

Having issues?
  • Author

zalpha5

Donor

BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working

PostMon May 20, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi, I'm new to Dream so not sure whether there is an easy solution to this but here goes. When I opened Dream (on the lowest settings as my computer is not brilliant (though it can run recent games such as Mass Effect 3 with little difficulty)) it got to the end of the first loading screen before closing and displaying the error message BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working. Upon restarting the game it got as far as the static TV before giving up. On the third attempt I made it to the bed and into the hub area, upon entering the open portal on the left the loading screen appeared... and froze before eventually giving me the same error message. Unfortunately continually restarting the game doesn't seem to help this time so if anyone has any suggestions they'd be much appretiated :)

Lewis

Site Admin

Re: BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working

PostMon May 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Hey there,

In this build we added .bik videos that play at the start and end of levels (the squares appearing animation for example) but since then we've had report that these crash Dream sometimes. it sounds like it may be doing the same for you.

A quick way to try and fix it is to go to Dream\UDKGame\Movies... and delete the following

Actone.bik
IntoBlack.bik
IntoWhite.bik
Intro.bik

after that try using the launcher to delete your save data folder and start the game again. Let us know if it works or still crashes and I'll do some more digging :)

zalpha5

Donor

PostTue May 21, 2013 7:16 pm

I deleted the suggested files which stopped the error messages except that instead when I get to the loading screen after going through the portal I now get to what I assume to be the last Z of the load at which point I get a message saying 'high CPU usage by BUILT WITH UDK' and the CPU usage on task manager rockets up to 100% and the loading screen stays as it is but doesn't stop responding. Mabe my computer just isn't intellegent enough? :/

Lewis

Site Admin

PostThu May 23, 2013 11:07 am

Could you let me know what CPU you have?

zalpha5

Donor

PostThu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm

AMD Athlon X2 dual-core QL-64 (2.1 GHz)

Lewis

Site Admin

PostThu May 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Hmmm it is towards the lower band of processors we've seen the game on, I'm having trouble finding any instances of that error for any other games made in UDK (usually the best place for me to start when trying to get things running). Is the exact wording how you put it...

"high CPU usage by BUILT WITH UDK"

Does the error give any more information or just those words?

If you are running a 32-bit operating system it might be worth trying the 3GB switch which you can find info about here

Troubleshooting

It might also be worth re-downloading and trying a fresh install (remember to delete the .biks if you try this). I'll continue looking into it, if you get any more info for me let me know, hopefully we can get it up and running :)

zalpha5

Donor

PostFri May 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Update on the situation: Re-downlaoding it didn't really help (though it now seems to give up on a "sleeping" section of the load screen rather than the last "z"). As for the 3Gb switch when I typed in the instruction it returned the message "'bcdebit' is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.". The High CPU usage by BUILT WITH UDK message is not an error message it's just my antivirus warning me, so there's no actual detail; there's no error message until I close the game after the loading screen freezes (usually give it at least five minutes before giving up) when I get "BUILT WITH UDK has stopped working" again

Lewis

Site Admin

PostFri May 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Ah right I see. The load screen is just a looping video that can play any number of times so it isn't a good measure of if the situation is getting any better or worse. Could you go to UDKGame\Logs and upload your Launch.log file. I'll have a look through and see if there's anything there.

Ashley

Site Admin

PostSat May 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Its worth mentioning too that if you haven't already, install the prerequisites. This installs the required files for the engine to run.

It's probably not going to be this causing the issue but its worth a shot

zalpha5

Donor

PostSat May 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Installing the prerequisits was the first thing I did, I've also tried reinstalling them. This is the end of the log as the whole thing is rather big to attach (hopefully it's the important bit and comes after a lot of "subtitles not rendering messages")
[0359.78] ScriptLog: SprintSpeed 850
[0359.78] ScriptLog: PawnSpeed 440.0000
[0359.82] Log: NULL GEngine->SubtitleFont - subtitles not rendering!
[0360.40] Log: LoadMap: dr_desert?Name=Player?Team=255
[0360.40] Log: NULL GEngine->SubtitleFont - subtitles not rendering!
[0360.40] Log: --- LOADING MOVIE START ---
[0361.04] ScriptWarning: Invalid user index (255) specified for ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate()
OnlineSubsystemSteamworks Transient.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks_0
Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ClearReadProfileSettingsCompleteDelegate:00FE
[0424.71] Log: Game class is 'DreamGame'
[0425.85] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
[0425.85] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
[0426.82] Log: Bringing World dr_desert.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2013.05.24-17.19.14
[0427.98] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 3.272603
[0428.02] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Profile'
UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData Transient.DataStoreClient_0:UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData_3
Function Engine.UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData:OnLoginChange:0134
[0428.02] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Profile'
UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData Transient.DataStoreClient_0:UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData_3
Function Engine.UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData:OnLoginChange:0168
[0428.03] ScriptWarning: GameInfo::AddDefaultInventory - P.InvManager == None
DreamGame dr_desert.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.DreamGame_0
Function Engine.GameInfo:AddDefaultInventory:007B
[0428.03] Error: Can't start an online game that hasn't been created
[0428.03] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 67.633988 seconds
[0428.06] Log: Command not recognized: setvarto3
[0428.06] ScriptWarning: Accessed array 'UTConsole_0.Scrollback' out of bounds (-1/2)
UTConsole Transient.GameEngine_0:UTGameViewportClient_0.UTConsole_0
Function Engine.Console:OutputTextLine:0075
[0428.06] ScriptWarning: Attempt to assign variable through None
UTConsole Transient.Gam
Next

Return to Support